20 good reasons to join the ANF
There are no waiting times and nothing to pay up front.
Your ANF cover starts the day you join.
* Professional Indemnity insurance is now compulsory in accordance with your nursing registration with AHPRA. Members of the ANF in WA are covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance, unless they are working as a self employed nurse or self employed midwife
Because ANF fees are fully tax deductible, a Registered Nurse or Midwife pays as little as 75 cents a day (60 cents a day for Enrolled Nurses and Carers) for all these benefits and all this protection.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance *
- Journey Cover insurance for when you are travelling to and from work - at no extra cost.
- Comprehensive legal advice and legal representation.
- Free access to the ANF iFolio
- Free ANF Clinical Reference Cards
- A professional organisation that never stops working to improve your wages, conditions, career structure and your workloads.
- A lawyer for Coronial Inquiries.
- A lawyer for Nurses Board Inquiries.
- A lawyer to check work related statements.
- Expert Professional and Industrial advice from the ANF Helpline - a telephone advisory service that operates from 9am till 5pm Monday through Friday and which is used by over 5,000 ANF members every year.
- The 24-hour / 7 days a week email advisory service also used by thousands of ANF members every year.
- Comprehensive industrial representation.
- Free Home delivery of The Western Nurse - WA's largest health magazine.
- Free professional development courses on a wide range of legal topics.
- Free Computer, Internet & Digital Photography Courses - now held in Perth, Joondalup, Melville, Midland, Gosnells, Mandurah, Rockingham as well as country regional centres and towns.
- Free monthly competitions with movie tickets, books and DVDs given away.
- Free advice and representation on Workers' Compensation matters.
- Low-cost holiday accommodation at Margaret River and Kalbarri.
- Large range of discounts on just about anything.
- Reduced premiums for accident and sickness insurance.
- and even more including the popular ANF membership bag